- Jeeves and Bertie (Very Good Jevees) – This pair isn’t exactly saving the world from Topannihilation, although some of Bertie’s mishaps are epic
- Sayuri and Mameha (Memoirs of a Geisha) – This pair was able to dethrone and humiliate one of the most arrogant and selfish Geisha we’ve ever read about. It’s impossible to say Hatsumomo without wanting to throw something across the room.
- Dirk and Al (Atlantis Found) – It’s literally impossible to count the times this pair saved the world. Whether their hanging out at the beach or in the midst of a gun battle against an army of Nazi extremists, they never miss an opportunity to employ a witty one liner.
- Mary and Dickon (The Secret Garden) – Together this duo could have easily hosted a successful HGTV show. We’re thinking “Fix and Flip your Garden”. These green thumbs also cured one of the most disagreeable personalities in all of literature.
- Holmes and Watson (The Hound of the Baskerville) – The finest pair of detectives this side of dystopia, using reason and logic to solve complex problems. Not sure how their reason and logic would work in a few of the dystopian novels we’ve read, hence the distinction...
- Katniss and Peeta (The Hunger Gmaes) – In our humble opinion, any pair skilled enough to survive a single, last person standing death match should be commended.
- Pi and Richard Parker (Life of Pi) – While this duo is a little unconventional and purely a result of circumstance, rarely have two beings been able to survive 227 days at sea – even in a fictitious story. In fact, we’d almost consider inviting a fully grown Bengal tiger on our next sea expedition, almost...
- Atreyu and Falkore (The Neverending Story) – Not too many pairs can boast defeating Nothing and helping to save Fantastica and scaring three bullies into a giant trash bin. Oh, wait, that last part only happened in the movie, sorry...
- Artemis and Holly (Artemis Fowl) – One of the few times a child criminal mastermind and elite LEPrechon elf have teamed up to become a highly effective FTBRW (Force To Be Reckoned With).
Have a great week and head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to join the fun!