Answer: There are several movies that we desperately wish could be remade, but we’ll save that EXTENSIVE list for a later date *cough* Dune... What you’ll find below are the movies that still haven’t had their shot at the big screen (assuming we didn’t overlook something in our research).
- The Shadow of the Wind – There are more reasons than just witnessing the Cemetery of Forgotten Books – suspense, love, action, betrayal, pyromania. We could literally go on for hours.
- The Hobbit – Yes, we know there have been several small scale interpretations of this novel, but we don’t consider the movie version of this epic novel complete until Peter Jackson does what he did with Lord of the Rings. Hopefully, we won’t have to wait much longer.
- The Eyre Affair – While this could turn out to be the most disorienting and disconnected movie of all time, we still want to see Thursday Next, the Prose Portal, and a few SpecOps-12 agents come alive on the big screen.
- Artemis Fowl – The LEPrecon population is woefully underrepresented in Hollywood. This novel would make a great olive branch.
- Bag of Bones – Thanks to Top 10 Tuesday, the vast research wing here at Two Bibliomaniacs has unearthed that this novel will soon become a 2011 mini-series!!! We don’t have many details, but this is cause for celebration nonetheless (We really should give this department a raise)!
- Napoleon’s Pyramids – The ultimate cross between James Bond and Sherlock Holmes (with a pinch of Dirk Pitt sprinkled on top).
- Dragon Rider – Every other book with a Dragon has been made into a movie. We want to add this one to the list.
- The Historian- Dracula at his finest with a love story and some digging and uncovering of the past – much like The DaVinci Code.
Have a great week and head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to join the fun!