Monday, May 16, 2011

Books to Movies Challenge - Official Picks!

Following a long night of healthy debate, we have come to an agreement on our picks for the 2011 Book to Movie Challenge!  Of course, all books listed below are subject to change without notice or remorse...  For now we’ll be shooting for the Blockbuster level with high hopes of adding a few more.
 



 
1.  The Body / Stand by Me – Stephen King
2.  Capote – Gerald Clarke
3.  Jamaica Inn – Daphne Du Maurier
4.  Trainspotting – Irvine Welsh
5.  Schindler’s List – Thomas Keneally
6.  The Color Purple – Alice Walker
 

There’re still plenty of spots open for this challenge, so head on over to our original post and sign-up today!!!  2011 Books to Movies Challenge original post.


8 comments:

  1. Great Choices!! I think so far my only definite is The Scarlet Letter....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh Shindler's List is a gooooooooood one! I've read The Color Purple, but other than that I have not read or seen any of the others, though I've heard of many of them, and heard they are great.

    -Kate the Book Buff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buckle up for Trainspotting, buddy. I'll be here if you need to talk about it after. Or just to snuggle.

    My picks so far are Fight Club and Harry Potter, mainly because I was going to read and watch them again soon anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be putting up a list pretty soon, but I'm happy to see that one of my definite picks is on your list as well. I've read and watched Trainspotting and loved both the book and the film but I think it's about time I did a reread. Can't wait to see your thoughts on them. It's definitely a difficult book but a rewarding one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I can't wait to see some of your thoughts on Thomas Keneally when you read Schindler's List/Ark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trainspotting! I think I'll include that in my list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck! The Color Purple (book and movie) is breathtaking. Trainspotting was...um, one warped movie :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok well I think I have come up with my list

    Water for Elephants Sara Gruen
    Pavilion of Women Pearl Buck
    Mrs Dalloway Viginia Woolf
    The Notebook Nicholas Sparks
    Being Julia W Somerset Maughan
    The End Of the Affair Graham Greene
    The Other Boelyn Girl Philippa Gregory
    Empire Of The Sun JG Ballard

    I think this is a pretty eclectic mixture. I have never read any of the books or seen any of the films so everything will be fresh.
    Now which one to start with!

    ReplyDelete