Yeaaa! It’s our new favorite day of the week – Top 10 Tuesday! Head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to join the fun.
This week’s Question: Coziest Places to Read/Favorite Places to Read
For us cozy = quiet, which rules out any high traffic areas. Some people are able to read with the television, radio, and kids all blaring at the same time – not us. Additionally, we both suffer from fidgety body syndrome and one of us suffers from extreme inflexibleness, which unfortunately rules out a stone park bench in central park or leaning against a tree inside Yosemite National Park for any length of time. Not gonna happen. Therefore, it is with less inspiration than we had hoped that we reveal our top 10 coziest places to read:
- Sitting in a comfortable folding chair at the beach – We’re from Indiana so anytime we can combine ocean, sand, and reading – we’re totally there.
- Lying on a towel at the beach – As you can see a trend is starting to form. The beach provides very favorable reading conditions for us, especially this time of year.
- Walking by the shoreline at the beach – You’ll have to ignore the annoyed expressions of passersby, but we found this to be a very pleasant experience. Audio books also work well here. (Okay, we’ll be done with the beach theme!)
- Bathtub – We’ve read many books in this environment and only one paperback suffered a horrible watery death.
- On the floor in our home library – We really need to add a set of comfortable chairs in this room…
- In bed – Reading under the covers with a flashlight as a child kicked off our torrid love affair with this local.
- Living Room Couch – This is probably our most utilized reading spot and maybe our most comfortable.
- Toilet – Yes, this made the list and we’re not ashamed to admit it (at least one of us isn’t).
- Sitting in a folding chair on the back patio – The view is hardly inspirational, but fresh air and books go hand in hand.
- Driving to work – 90 minute commute time = lots of audio book. Over the course of three years, we’ve (Evan) only ran one stoplight. (The un-witnessed infraction occurred near the conclusion of The Kite Runner, which we think makes it forgivable…)
Have a great week of the list and be sure to leave a comment so we can check out your list. Oh, and if we haven’t mentioned it before, we’re very fond of followers on this blog – give us a try and we’ll be sure to return the favor!