Answer: We can’t think of a better way to start the New Year than discussing those reads that have us amped up and drooling with anticipation. Without further ado, here are 10 books that we can’t wait to get our grubby little hands on this year...
1. Birdsong (Sebastian Faulks) – This is the highest ranked BBC Big Read book that we still haven’t read. Word on the street it’s pretty awesome.
2. Thursday Next: First Among Sequels (Jasper Fforde) – How can you not get really excited about a Thursday Next book? Seriously we want to know!
3. Captain Corelli’s Mandolin (Louis de Bernieres) – This is the second highest ranked BBC Big Read book that we haven’t read... The street’s been a bit more quiet on this one, but we’re still very excited.
4. Redeeming Love (Francine Rivers) – This novel made the female Bibliomaniacs’ all time favorite list... The male Bibliomaniacs has committed to see what all the hoopla is about.
5. Wolves of the Calla (Stephen King) – This is the next book we need to read in the Dark Tower series. With any luck we’ll also have the next 2 or 3 whipped by December.
6. Hogfather (Terry Pratchett) – Hopefully this is one of many Discworld novels we read this year!
7. Dandelion Wine (Ray Bradbury) – A dear friend refuses to stop frothing over this book and has repeatedly mentioned that it’s a fabulous spring read (his words). We’ll have to wait until April (maybe May), but said friend has yet to fail us on a book recommendation.
So what’d we miss? We’re anxious to see if any other titles need to be added to our list. Have a great week and head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to join the fun!