Answer: Confession: we like to buy books. While at our core we are bibliophiles, the Two Bibliomaniacs are also, well, bibliomaniacs. For this reason, our personal library is splattered with books that were purchased for no other reason than their glorious art work. If only we could figure out a way to increase our book buying funds...
- The Hobbit (J.R.R Tolkien) – We did splurge a bit on this one, but can you blame us!
- The Thirteenth Tale (Diane Setterfield) – We knew nothing about this book except the awesome display of books on the cover. It turned out to be one of our favorites of all time.
- The Secret Life of Bees (Sue Monk Kidd) – Love the artwork, love the story.
- Something Wicked This Way Comes (Ray Bradbury) – We’ve loved this novel for a while and when this edition appeared at Half Priced Books we couldn’t resist.
- The Grapes of Wrath (John Steinbeck) – Even though the original first edition is better, we’re still fond of our edition.
- Danny and the Champion of the World (Roald Dahl) – You can pretty much throw any Dahl book on here that was illustrated by Quentin Blake. Unfortunately, we only have 1 hardcover.
- The Floating Book (Michelle Lovric) – This book still remains on our TBR list, but at least it looks good waiting.
- Auriel Rising (Elizabeth Redfern) – While this book was a bit of a bust, not even an uninspiring plot can take away from a cool cover.
Have a great week and head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to join the fun!