Friday, September 2, 2011

Follow Friday - September 2nd

Question: If you could change the ending of any book (or series), which book would you choose?  Why and to What?

Answer: This question is far too explosive to ignore this week, plus we’re feeling a tab bit rebellious today.  Also, due to the controversial nature of our answer Evan will own up to being the author.....
*Gulp* We (Evan) could have done without the last chapter in the Harry Potter series.  There, we said it.  Sure, it was nice to see everyone all happy and matched, but with there were sooo many new characters introduced.  It felt like a beginning, not an ending.  Plus, poor Draco, the wizarding world can figure out how to brew up a potion to completely change your appearance, but not one innovation has been made in the area of male pattern baldness.  Come on, Slughorn...   There you have it, in writing; one arm of the Two Bibliomaniacs could have done without the Epilogue: 19 Years Later.

Ahhhh, it feels so good to get that off our chest.....  Can’t wait to hear how many blogger vehemently disagree... Please don’t un-follow us J


Have a great Weekend!

8 comments:

  1. i whole heartedly agree. Great blog! New follower from the follow friday. It's refreshing to see blogs that cover more than just the fantasy genre, even though that's my answer this week ;) What would life be without hypocrassy?
    jfeldt

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. loved the quip re Drako. i'm a new follower. have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know many didn't, but I kind of liked it. And it's kind of a beginning of their new lives, just that I'd liked to have more. Perhaps a shorter novella separately if she didn't want to write a book? Lol.

    No un-following here, I'm actually following for the first time! You have a very nice blog. :) Happy weekend! My FF can be found here!

    Rebecca
    Kindle Fever

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never read the books, but I did read the epilogue and I completely agree. It just didn't feel right to me. I think it would have been more realistic if it wasn't so far into the future.

    New follower
    Danielle @Ramblings From This Chick

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of people didn't like the HEA ending for HP. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Upon first reading I didn't hate the epilogue but I was disappointed that we didn't find out what happened to everyone and instead got only one scene. With further readings I've appreciated the poignancy of that scene...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww...I actually liked the epilogue. Especially seeing how some kids were named after the elders. And look on the bright side...maybe Rowling will write a follow-up series with them ;)

    ReplyDelete