Answer: Apparently this week we get to highlight our shortcomings. That’s right, we get to admit that we’ve been lazy and haven’t reviewed some of our favorite books. Actually, this week’s reflections have been rather inspiring. How did we miss some of the wonderful books on our list? We’ll get on that right away....
1. Bridge to Terabithia (Katherine Paterson) – Such a great book... definitely deserves a review!
2. Ender’s Game (Orson Scott Card) – Honestly, we had no idea this book slipped through the cracks. Alas, our tracking spreadsheet has failed us...
3. Redeeming Love (Francine Rivers) – One of the few novels to make it onto our (Erin’s) top 25 lists without an official Two Bibliomaniacs review. Unacceptable...
4. Persepolis (Marjane Satrapi) – With our limited experience in the world of graphic novels, we found it difficult to capture the brilliance of this book in written form. We have this grand vision to do the review in graphic novel form... stay tuned!
5. The Help (Kathryn Stockett) – In our defense, this one was a recent read and we’re still waiting to see the movie so that we can incorporate our thoughts. No excuses... our babysitters have been busy.
6. Memoirs of a Geisha (Arthur Golden) – Here’s another one that we thought had already been reviewed. It’s probably been on so many top 10 lists that we got confused.
9. Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett) – Our opinion of the Discworld series after book 1 and book 2 represents one of the more epic flip-flops in the history of literature. The series is officially off probation and we plan to read and review every Discworld book we can get our hands on!
10. Neverwhere (Neil Gaiman) – Each month this book shows up on our elaborate whiteboard as a potential review (actually, it’s more like a scrap piece of paper), and yet each month this one gets passed up. Not sure why.
Have a great week and head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to join the fun!