1. The wireless scene between Stephen and Cassandra (I Capture the Castle) – Stephen sacrifices his savings to purchase the perfect birthday gift for Cassandra. Unfortunately, the “Awww” scene is follow very quickly by an “oh, no” scene, but still...
2. Sam’s marriage to Rosie (The Return of the King) – Even though this scene is tucked at the very end of the trilogy, it’s great to finally hear some good news for the greatest BFF of all time.
3. Fleur’s declaration of love in the hospital (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince) – There’re plenty of “Awww” scenes throughout this series, but for us Fleur’s verbal commitment to Bill despite his grisly face-job was quite touching.
4. The final kite running scene (The Kite Runner) – In order to protect the conclusion we can’t describe this scene in too much detail. We’ll just say, “For you, a thousand times over.”
5. Final garden scene between Colin and father (The Secret Garden) – When hardness and bitterness give way to forgiveness and acceptance... the definition of an “Awww” moment.
6. Every scene between J.L.B. Matekoni and Precious Ramotswe (No 1 Ladies Detective Agency) – Despite, or maybe because of his awkwardness, this mechanic from Botswana is quite the ladies man...
7. The Butterfly scene (The Very Hungry Caterpillar) – This insect had quite the appetite and paid the price, yet in the end he received his reward.
8. Father’s return (Little Women) – What could be more precious than a father’s long anticipated return to his little women.
9. The come to their senses scene between Elizabeth and Darcy (Pride and Prejudice) – With so much arrogance and presumption it was only a matter of time before an epic “Awww” moment.
10. Roses on graduation day (A Tree Grows in Brooklyn) – Flowers from dad... we won’t say anything more. Quite touching.
Have a great week and head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to join the fun!