- Marvin (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) – The greatest robot dealing with depression of all time! We love characters with issues.
- Sir Cadogan (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) – One of the bravest (and clueless) characters in the entire series. He brought a smile to our faces with every appearance.
- The Old Man (James and the Giant Peach) – Such an intriguing character. We’d love to get our hands on a bag of his crocodile tongues.
- Ben Gunn (Treasure Island) – Another character that can be questioned regarding his minor status, but anyone marooned on an island for 3 years must have some pretty interesting stories to tell.
- Aunt Pittypat (Gone with the Wind) – This character was so much fun. And while she didn’t have too many redeeming qualities, it would have been fun to tell her some kind of dramatic gossip just to watch her nearly faint and ask for the smelling salts.
- Mr. Fezziwig (A Christmas Carol) – One of the greatest bosses in all of literature. Plus, he had some crazy dancing skills.
- Alba (The Time Traveler’s Wife) – The genetic disorder in this book is soooo fascinating. We’d love to know more about Alba’s adventures.
- Miss Honey (Matilda) – She’s one of literatures most beloved teachers and the standard for which we judge those in the real world.
- Emmeline, Adeline, and the ghost of Angelfield (The Thirteenth Tale) – Okay, so maybe these characters aren’t exactly obscure, but there’s so much more we want to learn about them.
Have a great week and head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to join the fun!