Question: Top 10 meanest females in books?
Answer: Okay, so other than Pansy Parkinson, we couldn’t think of any horribly diabolical girls, which is why we changed the question to meanest females. Plus, at one time or another, everyone on our list was a girl – chances are they were probably mean even back then...
- Mrs. Danvers (Rebecca) – Hands down, the meanest housekeeper in the history of housekeeping.
- Dolores Jane Umbridge (Harry Potter) – E.V.I.L.
- Redd Heart (The Looking Glass Wars) – Although the Queen of Hearts first made an appearance in Lewis Carroll’s work, this novel starring her imperial viciousness is far more enjoyable.
- Lady Regan Hamleigh (Pillars of the Earth) – Even with the plethora of unkind people, Lady Hamleigh still managed to rise to the top.
- Hatsumomo (Memoirs of a Geisha) – She’s the single reason we decided against pursuing a career in this Japanese art.
- Lindsay (Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging) – While the Ace gang had their fair share of internal strife, they were at least able to rally around bringing Robbie’s girlfriend to justice.
- The Lilim (Stardust) – Technically this is three people, and technically they are a group of witches, but technically the're still pretty foul.
Have a great week and head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to join the fun!