Friday, March 18, 2011

Blog Hop and Follow Friday - March 18th

Thanks to Crazy-For-Books and Parajunkee’s View for hosting these fun events. On to the questions!

Blog HopDo you read only one book at a time, or do you have several going at once?



Answer: Multiple books at one time, however, reflecting on this question may have highlighted a slight problem. A recent day in the reading life of one of the Two Bibliomaniacs can be found below:

The Pickwick Papers – MP3 while getting ready for work in the morning.
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell – Book on CD while driving to and from work.
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz – Nightly bedtime story read with 5 year old son.
The Hole in Our Gospel – Night time spiritual growth read.
Titan Groan – Night time fiction read.


On paper 5 books could almost seem like too many. In practice the key word is almost...



Follow FridayHow did you come up with your blog name?


Answer: Our blog name was decided during a late night internet search of book terms. Our hope was to incorporate the term Bibliophile (love of books) into our name; however most variants were already taken. This led us down a dark path of book obsession terms. In the end we decided against Bibliophagy (book-eating) and Bibliotaphy (book-burying). At the very least Two Bibliomaniacs confronts our slight (yet very healthy) book collecting obsession.

15 comments:

  1. I love it! Great answers! Thanks for sharing. You can find my answers here: http://bookskidsanimalsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/03/its-friday-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect I'm in the minority by being monobibliogamous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have reading habits similar to mine. :)

    Regarding Where the Red Fern Grows - the book has a very vivid and shocking scene in it that draws more emotion from me than the end. I've read it a few times and have never cried (bawled!) like I do when watching the movie. That fern at the end... great, now I'm tearing up. LOL!

    It's definitely a book worth reading. I should probably point out the older I got, the more I cried at the movie. I haven't read WTRFG since I was young. I might would bawl at the book now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not everyone can multi-task and nobody should. When it comes to book sure, I can't read four books simultaneously (or even two, for that matter!) but there are times I'll juggle as many as four books at a time depending on the subject matter, the urgency or more often both.

    The real trick to this is what KINDS of books to juggle. Hop on over to my blog and learn the method behind my madness - http://www.howardshermannet
    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming through on the blog hop.

    I will read two books only if I am slightly bored with the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make a great point with the multiple reads. I can only read one at a time, but when I say that I'm not including the books I read for class or audiobooks.

    Thanks for stopping by my hop. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read more than one book at a time, sometimes three, sometimes five!

    I read varied genres, have a truly eclectic taste in books. Feel free to explore my blog, browse mt reviews.

    Here is my Book Blogger Hop/Follow Friday post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Returning the Hop and follow! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier :)

    Take care & happy reading,
    Ms C
    http://www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. My blog name is a combination of the first part of my e-mail and the content of my blog.

    One-book-at-a-time lady here....

    ....I don't know how folks do it....I am amazed at how many people read more than one book at at time. :)

    Stop by my blog for a giveaway of LINEN QUEEN courtesy of Sarah from Hachette Books and to see my answer to this week's Blog Hop question.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. Bibliophagy would have been funnier, but no one (myself included) would've gotten it :-)
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's easier to read multiple books when they're all in different genres, like yours are. It's easier to keep plots and ideas straight.

    Ooh, I just saw March (Geraldine Brooks) on your Shelfari. Have you read it yet? It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower hopping through! Love the name. :)
    Jennifer @ The Bawdy Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another Hopper here - what do you think of Jonathan Strange...? It's on my official TBR Pile Challenge list for this year - and so is Gormenghast. I'm currently reading Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, so pretty soon I'll have to read Pride and Prejudice so I can read P & P and Zombies :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi!
    Thanks for hopping by my blog :) I'm following you now, too and am looking forward to your Dark Tower reviews - personally this my top favorite series ever, I think you will enjoy it a lot! :)
    Happy reading :)

    (and there are Dark Tower movies coming out soon!^^ yay~!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so wish that I was the sort who could read multiple books simultaneously. But unfortunately I find myself getting plot lines and characters all confused and mixed up. I have found an exception recently though where I can read a work of fiction alongside a work of non-fiction without getting all befuddled.

    ReplyDelete