The Question: Top ten characters we’d name our children after.
- Scout – (To Kill a Mockingbird) – There’s no debate on this one, our favorite child name from all of literature (Probably).
- Rhett – (Gone with the Wind) – Frankly, we don’t give a darn – we’re choosing this name.
- Georgia – (Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging) – Maybe not the attitude or the drama, but as for her name, she passes our test.
- Adéle – (Jane Eyre) – Doesn’t it just roll off the tongue. Plus, we’ll take the French accent as well.
- Tristan – (Stardust) – Okay, his name from the book is actually Tristran, but in the movie it’s Tristan so that should still count, right?
- Pippin – (Lord of the Rings) – Easily our favorite name from all of middle earth.
- Yvaine – (Stardust) – High points on the uniqueness yet practical scale. It might take some getting used to but we could see a little Yvaine running around the house.
- Gale – (The Hunger Games) – If we had to pick a team in the series we were probably team Peeta, although for a child’s name, we’re team Gale all the way.
- Lisbeth – (The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo) – So far we have mixed feelings on this review and by mixed we mean that one of the Two Bibliomaniacs didn’t like it. As soon as the second Bibliomaniac finishes we’ll post our official position. Still, we liked the name.
- Dickon – (The Secret Garden) – While we probably wouldn’t pick this name for our child, we do want our next boy to be just like him.
Have a great week and head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to join the fun!